fredag den 10. august 2007

Genialitet fra svensken

Det er ingen hemmelighed at jeg elsker The Ark. Udover at lave genial glad musik, skriver de nogle fabelagtige tekster. Vi bringer et lille uddrag:

Tired of being an object?
Are you tired of being an object?
or did you never get the chance to be one,
and now you wanna make sure there´s no fun
you´ve been missing

Well don´t project your spleen
on the girl on the magazine
you never know,
maybe she´s feeling quite comfortable
the only human right for which i´m
gonna fight
is everybody´s right to sometimes feel
irresistible

uh-oh, maybe it´s you who need
confidence?
maybe it´s you who need real friends?
well she dosen´t need your voice
´cause she´s already got one

Father of a son
One day I will become
the father of a son
Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah!

Well, I’ve had my share
Of remarks about my rear
But I know it’s all about fear
And that you’d probably love it
if you’d only dare

And you’re totally fogged in your head
If you were serious right now
when you said
That it’s because
they will be bullied in school
cause that means you let the bullies set the rules

And you can legislate and oppress
and you can make my life a mess
But you can't change the way I feel
Or convince me that my wish is unreal
And you can strike me down
and fence me
And you can claim
that there’s opinion against me
But I’ll still win over You, Sir
cause if you fight Love,
you’re always a looser

And I may be gay
But I can tell you straight away
That I’ll become a better father than all of you anyway (So listen!)
One day I will become
the Father of a Son
Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah!

Åghr manner, jeg kune blive ved, men det ville, ved nærmere eftertanke, nok ikke ligefrem morer nogen, så jeg stopper. Kommer dog lige tila t smide en video eller to med dem.

Ingen kommentarer: